- 1½ litre milk
- 6 medium white onions.
- 200g sugar
- 120g condensed milk
- Some almonds, pistachios, cashews
- Rose petals and rose water
- Quarter the onions and gently separate the onions into petals, discard the cores.
- Rinse the petals thoroughly, and drain the water. Repeat this seven times.
- Add the onion petals to water and bring to a boil. Take off the heat and drain the water. Repeat this three times.
- The onion petals will turn translucent. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the milk stirring constantly over medium heat and reduce to about 900ml. Add the sugar, condensed milk and dissolve.
- Add the onion petals and the dry fruits; mix well and stir. Let the payesh thicken.
- Add a few drops of rose water and mix well.
- Serve chilled, decorated with rose petals.